My New Look, otherwise known as "Ode to Renzo"

Renzo totally pimped my blog.
I love it!
Do you?

I'm spending the last weekend of my vacation at Renzo's house. I wish he still had his site up, so I could link you through to it. Working on the computer is only one of his many talents. He also made a curry that made my tastebuds leap with joy and he painted the selfportrait you can see on the right.
When I'm with Renzo, I get pampered and spoiled, a lovely experience that I recommend to everyone!
I spent a lot of my time reading Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follet. Wow, that's one heck of a book! Meanwhile Renzo was sweating away behind the computer, tweaking and tweaking and tweaking some more in order to create my new look.

See the logo in the right hand corner? Renzo made it for me a couple of years ago when I was looking for new jobs. I still use the logo on the letters I send. I love it because of the primary colors and the figures in it. I see myself in each one of the figures. Sometimes I'm the individual on the outside of the group. Sometimes I'm the one bridging the gap between the group and the individual, and sometimes I'm just a group member.
We used the colors as the basis for the rest of the blog.
I can't believe how much work it took though! We (or I should say Renzo) even tried a little sidetrack to Wordpress but then logistics forced us back to blogger.

I'm feeling ready for writing again. Looking forward to getting back on track. I missed the blogging enough during my break to make me realize it's not a fad, it's something I really enjoy doing! And this new look is a lovely incentive to keep on going :-)

Do let me know what you think of the new look, and be fulsome in your praises. I will send them on to Renzo....

p.s. please note the fact that my labels are all prefaced by a little tulip!!

4 reacties:

Anonymous said...

I love your new look! So sharp and computer savvy! :)
I hope your'e back to regular blogging again as long as it feels comfortable. I have had a long break myself, but I found that it is a good way to record what the family has been up to as well, and I missed that part of it.

Anonymous said...

Wow that's colorful :) I am also working on a new theme for my blog but I don't have it up yet.

Anonymous said...

I couldn't resist writing a comment on a blog with the title "ode to Renzo"!
It was my pleasure and I wish you much happiness with your future blogs!
Love you!
Renzo

Anonymous said...

I've been meaning to pimp out my own blog for quite some time. If you could just send Renzo over....

And, I've also contemplated (often) a move to wordpress, because Blogger frequently makes me want to tear all my hair out.

It does look fabulous. Well done.

Post a Comment