Blogging without posting

I've been doing some blogging without posting, which is surprisingly effective for the communication in the house, but not so effective outside of it.

I read this quote the other day on Conversion Diary . It's from a book called bird by bird, which I have not read! But this quote about writing grabbed my attention.

"If something inside you is real, we will probably find it interesting, and it will probably be universal. So you must risk placing real emotion at the center of your work. Write straight into the emotional center of things. Write toward vulnerability. Don't worry about appearing sentimental. Worry about being unavailable; worry about being absent or fraudulent. Risk being unliked. Tell the truth as you understand it."

It grabbed my attention because I love writing like that! When I write from real emotion the words flow and I'm almost surprised at what I write sometimes, at the ease with which it appears on paper (or the internet) :-).
But it also means that some of my writing is for home use only, not available for public consumption. And so it has been lately.

A blog filled with shallow posts.

Bear with me!

0 reacties:

Post a Comment