Busy times

It may be quiet on this front for a couple of days. This weekend an old friend of mine from way back when is coming over. It's a story in itself! We both lived in Ethiopia as young kids, and then became best friends when we moved to the States, where she also lived. Her dad was our family doctor, and she was the only friend I felt (then) that I could trust in the years when I had leprosy. Our families got along together well. Then I moved back to Ethiopia and we kind of kept in touch. She visited me 13 years ago here in Holland, and for the last two years she's been working at RVA with her husband and 3 kids. So it seems we have a connection in a lot of countries that we've lived in, even though we didn't live there simultaneously. I think it will be pretty neat to hear about how it's been in RVA the last couple of years, and I'm looking forward to seeing her again. Though I have to admit, I'm kind of nervous too!
So tomorrow will be spent getting ready, and then going to pick her and her family up from the airport. Where I just might finally get to taste coffee from Starbucks, as that is one of the few places that actually has it. Any suggestions on what coffee I should get?

1 reacties:

Anonymous said...

Yes. Starbucks bij Schiphol! Starbucks is not the best coffee in the world, but it does have it's perks [no pun intended]. If you enjoy flavors in your coffee, I suggest a latté. Amaretto or hazelnut are my favorites.

Enjoy your time with your friend :)

Post a Comment