New Job

On Thursday I just "happened" to go the the volunteer center here in my town to talk to the coordinator to see if she could help me find a job. We talked for about an hour. Then I looked through all their volunteer jobs to see if there were any appealing organisations. Suddenly she "happened" to remember a job offer in a city close by. As it turns out the closing date for applying was the coming friday and I knew the organisation because I had sent an open job application months ago. To make a long story short, I talked to the director on friday morning, sent my letter and resume an hour or two later and the next day received an invite for a job interview. Pretty nice set of circumstances, isn't it? Of course there's no knowing if I will get the job, but the location is great, the pay is the same as I was getting, they want somebody a.s.ap, and the hours are exactly what I wanted. Hmmmm, maybe there's a Higher Hand involved?
I was/am going slightly crazy at at the thought of spending many hours at home, so the thought of having a job soon is very comforting!
I will keep you posted, let you know if this really works out or not!

p.s. This is a picture of me at work at my old job. It's a real victory for me to post a picture of myself not looking my best (e.g. weighing a lot more...). I figure, what the heck! If I'm going to bare my soul on internet I might as well show what I have looked like as well.....

5 reacties:

Anonymous said...

HI Marit...nice to meet you.

Anonymous said...

Hi Marit: It is nice to meet you. Donna

Anonymous said...

HI, saw you on Donnas blog comments and loved your blog! I look forward to reading more. good luck on your new job, your going to do great! ;) Nice to meet you!

Anonymous said...

HI Marit, nice to meet you. FOund you on Donnas blog comments and loved your blog! Good luck on the new job, your going to do great! Hope to talk more. :)

Anonymous said...

You dumb ass! You're probably the only one in the world who could tell anything about not looking good on that picture. I think you look like you're having fun and enjoying life and you look like someone i'd like to talk to.

Post a Comment