One more won't matter

I've fallen into the trap of "one more won't matter". One more cookie won't make a difference. That extra piece of meat? I really need my protein! I'm tired, so I need some extra energy, a bit of sugar will help. I deserve this treat, after all it's a really busy time and there's a lot going on. Tomorrow I'll feel beter and THEN, yes THEN I will watch my food again. But for now, one more won't matter..........

Sound familiar anyone?

Engrained habits are so darned difficult to get rid of. Even after a year of watching my weight,( and losing a lot of it!) I still fall back into old habits. It's like it will take another 10 years before new good habits will catch on and become normal to me. And in those ten years I'll just have to keep being aware of my own pitfalls, recognize my "bad" thought patterns, and consciously chose to change whatever it is that wants changing.
Aaaahhhhh, don't I wish life was just a little bit easier! :-)

3 reacties:

Anonymous said...

Those darned taste buds! (though I know my eating patterns are more deep seeded than that!)
And what work did you do?

Anonymous said...

Those darned taste buds! (though I know my eating patterns are more deep seeded than that!)
And what work did you do?

Anonymous said...

I work(ed) as a volunteer coordinator. Somewhere in one of my older posts I think I write about it...

Post a Comment