Chips and Candy

In a desperate bid to keep Tristan and his friend happy, I went to the store with them and let them each pick out a bag of candy, a bag of chips and a soft drink. Then I called home and asked Marinda and Herman what they wanted. All because Tristan has a friend spending a couple of nights, and really, they aren't getting along. This is a friend from his old school, and I guess the distance has made them grow apart. There seems to be very little they agree on. Not the same kind of movies, not the same kind of activities, they just seem to rub each other the wrong way. And I don't feel like I can call the friends parents and ask them to pick him up because it's not quite bad enough for that. You know how it is? When you offer them all kinds of options for activities to which they react by mumbling and shrugging their shoulders? It drives me bonkers, because if there's one thing I do not want to be doing when friends are over, it is refereeing the arguments and arranging entertainment.
So 4 videos and chips and candy were thrown into the equation and led to a form of sugar and fat induced peace.
One more day to go!

2 reacties:

Anonymous said...

A very nice way to help keep the peace! ;-)

Anonymous said...

I go through this all the time!

Even for one night they will tell me they are bored with their 5 thousand games and movies and toys.

Can't argue when their mouths are full!! Like that!

Post a Comment