Happiness

Ever notice how much easier it is to spread happiness when you're happy yourself?
I was in Utrecht today, meeting up with old colleagues and volunteers. It was great to walk into a room and have people know and recognize me and greet me like a long lost friend. Well, ok, maybe not that enthousiastically, but it was good! I had a lot of lovely chats and some intelligent conversation and went home feeling uplifted and happy.
I also went home with a bunch of flowers given to me on the spur of the moment. I came into the train with my flowers in front of me and immediatly got a reaction from the old couple sitting across from me. While on the subject of flowers the lady happened to mention she didn't get a lot of flowers from her hubby.
So I gave them to her before I got off the train. So nice to see the look on her face! Still has me smiling.
It's ever so much easier to be nice to somebody when somebody's been nice to you!

3 reacties:

Anonymous said...

Wow,major good deed! I can just picture the woman enjoying her flowers!! Your happiness blog was just what I needed this morning! Love you dear sis!!

Anonymous said...

How wonderful those random acts of kindness!

Anonymous said...

thanks for the comment i think its so cool that you live in holland btw you were the first person to comment on my blog

Post a Comment