Mamma Mia

I just went to see Mamma Mia with Marinda. That just must be the ultimate feel good movie! I couldn't help but keep grinning and heard Marinda laughing next to me. I remember feeling the same way when I went to see the musical a couple of years ago. I got a spontaneous invite on the spur of the moment and went with exceedingly low expectations. After all, it was going to be ABBA in dutch, how tacky is that!?! But I enjoyed every moment of it.
Meryl Streep just blew my mind. Just seeing her gyrating all over the screen, my lordy, I wish I still had that kind of moves in me! And she's 20 years older than I am!! Just imagine the amount of guts it must take to just let it all go and act ridiculous. That counts for all of the cast though. Especially in the end, when they all show up in those wonderful ABBA suits and rock the stage. Made me want to get right up there and get groovin.
Music from ABBA will do that to me anytime. I can't tell you how many times I imagined myself being the dancing queen, young and sweet, only seventeen. (oh for those days!!) Or singing Money, money, money, or Happy New Year. One of their songs is also "our" love song.
ABBA rules!

2 reacties:

Anonymous said...

So wanna go see the movie again, with your sis?? :)

Anonymous said...

yep, or rent it on dvd and have a girls night!

Post a Comment