An evening at work

Here I am, at work, sitting behind my computer. It's almost 6 in the evening and I have a work thingy at around 7. Thought I'd blog from here today!I'm eating bread and pea soup and cucumber, in case you were wondering.....
Yesterday we started packing at home. We have a guest room that Marinda was using as a sick room but I kicked her out of the bed unmercifully and started piling in the boxes. Needless to say, she was not very happy with me.
I'm kind of daunted by the task. I emptied out two shelves of a bookcase and packed some games and filled 4 boxes! We're going to need twenty trillion boxes to fill with all our junk. I have a friend who has had to move a lot in the past year. My admiration for her is growing by the box. I've started emptying things here at work as well. I get to throw away about 500 business cards, isn't that a waste of money? I don't know why they thought I would hand out so many of them! I will, of course, keep a couple to commemorate the time when I actually had a business card! I don't know if that luxury will be given to me in my next job. I have to hand in my cell phone too, bummer. I mostly used it for private calls and will now have to pay for them myself. Hmm....
Tonight some volunteers from a local project are coming by to get some information about what I do. I usually enjoy that. Getting in front of a group, getting my message across. It's only a small group today though, so I don't have to do a lot of preparing. Just give them lots of coffee and sound enthousiastic. Both I can manage tonight, though the enthousiasm is lagging. I thought that knowing this job is running to its end would encourage me to end it with a big glorious bang but instead I find myself doing almost anything but really working. So I have to gird my loins, so to speak, and get my bum in gear and get to work despite my lack of motivation.
So on that note I will stop writing and start doing something!

0 reacties:

Post a Comment