Efficiency

Efficiency is my middle name according to my sister. She said this when I was calling her with my cell phone while biking to the store. Something I have often done in the past, getting my calls done while biking to work or back, or to the grocery store or whatever! Thinking about this made something fall into place for me. I have an inner resistance to skyping with people, but didn't know why. Well efficiency is the reason! Because, when I skype, I can't do anything but sit in front of the computer and talk. While I could be doing dishes, hanging up laundry or clearing up rooms. Things I regularly do when talking on the phone. I don't even like sitting down in real life and talking with people, I'd rather be doing something and talking at the same time. Some of my best conversations have been while scrubbing toilets, doing laundry or doing dishes (or walking, or biking, or shopping....) .Pretty aweful hey? I don't feel the same about IMing with somebody, because then I can chat with more than one person, write a letter, google or do numerous other things while chatting back and forth. Yes, I'm afraid efficiency is indeed my middle name, much to the detriment of my social contacts sometimes......

3 reacties:

Anonymous said...

Hey Marit, you found a great sketch!! Looks just like the efficient Marit I know. Have a good day.
Lise

Anonymous said...

But, Marit--skype has grown up! Just look at all of these new types of phones you can use...and still multi task to your heart's delight!

http://share.skype.com/sites/skypegear/2007/04/the_4_main_types_of_skype_phon.html

Now, if they'll only come down in price!

Anonymous said...

Ah HA I KNEW you were multi-tasking & doing other thing's while we IMed! You just gave yourself away darlin'. hehe! How DARE you google while I am trying to keep your attention. *humph

Shhh, I do it too! *wink

Now that I have dropped some weight I have a very hard time sitting still to do thing's here on my computer. I want to keep moving to get thing's accomplished.

Happy Good Friday!

Deb B.~ Colorado

Post a Comment