Ode to my dryer

The funniest thing just happened. I want to write a post about my joy of having my dryer working and thought I'd google dryer and poems and see what came up. Nothing did, but then I googled Ode to a dryer and got a number of hits! Apparently being happy with your dryer is not an uncommon phenomenon and bloggable. And here I thought I was being original!
My mom has said I should get a dryer for years now, and each time I've waved her advice off, saying I was happy just hanging up my laundry. Today I converted. I'm a total dryer fan. What a joy it is to do 3 loads of laundry and have them dry and clean (but not yet put away) by the end of the day! No more racks filled with wet clothes slapping me in the face when I go up the stairs. No more walking up with a load and realizing "oh, bummer! I still have to take down what I hung up last time!". I am one happy camper!

1 reacties:

Anonymous said...

Amen, sister! The dryer--one of my survival tools! I have no idea how you've managed this long with a family of four (two of them being boys!) without a dryer!

Though, I didn't have a dryer all those years in Spain--it was also just me and I only did laundry once a week. Gosh, once a week! Now I feel like I'm doing laundry once a DAY! Yes...thank the Good Lord for dryers!

Post a Comment