Hello Goodbye

There's a dutch program on the tv that I love watching called Hello Goodbye. It's based at the airport. The host of the show walks around the airport talking to people. When he hits on an interesting story he interviews the people involved. It's pretty much live tv from the airport. I love it though, because the airport is a place where all kinds of stories come together. He interviews parents waving goodbye to their children, whole families waiting for their adoptive cousin/sister/niece/nephew to come, loved ones waiting for one another. It's great! And either leaves me smiling or crying, depending on how the story goes.
Programs like this, or programs with reunions, or programs where adopted kids look for their biological parents appeal to my sentimental side. I wipe away a tear, or smile and live vicariously through them. I don't cry much in real life, maybe I get enough out of crying for others!
I think my liking these shows has something to do with how I was raised, but I have a hard time explaining why.

2 reacties:

Anonymous said...

I know what you talking about dear!!

Anonymous said...

Hi!

I just discovered your blog while looking for a reference to the show "Hello...Goodbye" to use on my blog. I hope you don't mind that I linked to your entry, because I'm a sucker for those types of shows, too!

Doei uit Duitsland!

www.caratime2.wordpress.com

Post a Comment