I'm dreaming of a white.....

I'm dreaming of a white Easter? A white Christmas definately, but a white Easter? But it really was a white Easter. Much to my amazement. It hasn't snowed since September and now all of a sudden the world is turning white. Tristan had a blast playing in the snow, piling it on the trampoline to jump with it and throwing snowballs at the windows.It is still Easter here because of the strange dutch habit of spreading holidays over two days. So we have Christmas and Second Christmas day. And Easter, and Second Easter day. Don't ask me why! But it makes for more days off work and it's helpful in spreading around the family obligations. Dinner at the parents one of the days, and dinner at the parents in law on the other day. Or in our case, brunch with the in-laws today. (and an infinately more fun dinner with friends yesterday!)

2 reacties:

Anonymous said...

Or, as my hubby pointed out to me, I should have written that it hasn't snowed all winter and that it's now officially spring, so snow is kind of unusual.

And, btw, I've just finished reading No time for goodbye by Linwood Barclay and Take 7 by Vonne van der Meer (a dutch book!)

Anonymous said...

You missed out on a white christmas because we were in Ethi, dear!!

Post a Comment