Sabotage

Well, it took me all of.... let's see, ...... 12 hours to sabotage my weight loss plans.
12 hours. Not a very good score. I think it will take more than 12 hours to burn away 12 kilos. Methinks I must employ more drastic measures and start looking for a dietician. That shouldn't be too much of a problem considering half the world is on a diet.
It's a pretty sad state of affairs that half the world is still starving while the other half has to take all kinds of measures to stay in shape. Wish there was some way to take the surplus from one place and transfer it over to the other. You'd think that it wouldn't be such a problem.
I also wish that knowing half of the world is starving (and having also seen it) would be enough motivation for me to take better care of myself and my environment. Unfortunately it doesn't work that way for me. Somehow I end up stuck in my small little world, worrying about my piddly little problems and I forget to remember how lucky I am and to consider what I can do to help the other half.
I'm becoming philosophical. I will shut up now and try not to eat the apple pie with ice cream that is so readily available. Or the strawberry tart. Or the paprika chips. Or the almond cookies. Or.........


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just finished reading The Promise by Chaim Potok. Excellent, excellent author. If you've not ever read him, then try!

2 reacties:

Anonymous said...

Okay...so DON'T open the box I am sending to you. Give it directly to Herman....you should NOT see the contents. :P

Don't say I didn't warn you.

Hug's my dear. I still think you look great. ANd I am sure I still weight more than you. :(

ttfn,
Deb B. ~ Colorado

Anonymous said...

Put down the pastry and walk away! :D

Here's something you can do--whenever you feel drawn to eat something "off limits" go to your computer, sit down and write me an email instead! And keep lots of healthy snacks around! Apples are yummy!

Post a Comment